Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Total disbelief

My eyes are still drooping from having been up all night watching the election coverage. After FL was called for Bush and PA for Kerry, it was evident that everything depended on OH. Totally taken in by the "too close to call" spin from news channels , I stayed up hoping that somehow Kerry would get OH, although it was obvious that W was leading. Now, after the concession , when W's been formally declared the winner, I'm left with this sense of disbelief that he won. Simply because irrespective of who is opponent was and what each of their policies were, the fact remains that his administration had a terrible record for the last 4 years and in my country an incumbent administration with a similar record would have been kicked out on their butts so hard that they wouldn’t have been able to sit for weeks! Well I guess democracy works its wonders in mysterious ways …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home