Thursday, February 10, 2005

Why I need to cross the river..

I always knew VA was a conservative state, having lived in the reddest part in the SW, when I was in school. I've moved more and more north ever since , now I'm just on the border, the river separates me from 2 blue states (DC, MD). Though my area is pretty cool and blue (being practically in DC), unfortunately the rest of the states getting redder. I've somehow hesitated to cross the river (too much paperwork to move to another state), but now when I can't even dress the way I wan to I'm tempted to jump and swim :)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A12612-2005Feb9.html

4 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Abhishek said...

Make sure your pants are on at least till the middle of the river, since it technically belongs to Virginia :P.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger mightypen said...

Yeah, I should make sure of that :)
These guys are like the American Shiv Sena :)
Shiv Sena would be proud to outsource their moral policing dept to the state of VA. Imagine the VA police arresting girls in Bombay for wearing chaddi revealing pants! ( from what I saw this time there are many:) )

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Abhishek said...

I wonder if this was the reason why NOVA lost the baseball team to DC. With rules like these it will be a bit difficult for cheerleaders to "attract attention".

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Aki said...

...a $50 fine on anyone found wearing pants low enough that a substantial portion of undergarments is showingBut. But. The law makes no mention of what happens if underpants aren't being worn !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home