Friday, November 05, 2004

Political Capital

Unfortunately,I think I’m right about what I said yesterday – that the Presidents declaration of reaching across the divide doesn’t ring true. Today in a press conference he said “ "Let me put it to you this way: I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it." He also mentioned that this was “ his style”. Claiming that he earned "capital" in the campaign is definitely not a move towards unity, because though he won a majority, almost half of American voters voted against him. Most of the people I know are upset about his triumph. But most of his remarks have sounded arrogant and stressed that he is free to do whatever he wants. If he ignores how many people are passionately opposed to him , it will only serve to increase the divide and will perhaps be one of his biggest blunders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home